Cliviger Laithe - Nov 2019 update
Cliviger Laithe application update - November 14th, 2019 -
Several changes have been made to this plan and Burnley Borough Council and Miller Homes are holding an open event to discuss application APP/2019/0155 - for residential development on land west of Red Lees Road on Monday, November 25th between 3 and 7 p.m. in Burnley Town Hall. This drop in event is open to all who have questions on the development. The parish council will discuss these changes at their meeting on Friday, December 6th in Cliviger Village Hall at 6 p.m. and residents can attend and speak at the beginning via the public forum. Anyone needing further information can contact the clerk Rebecca Hay on 07977611947 or email:
Public comments on the changes should be sent to Janet Filbin by December 2nd via email The application is due to go to the borough's Full Council meeting on Monday, December 16th at 6-30 p.m. in the town hall. This is also open to the public.
The changes are:
- A reduction in the number of houses from 129 to 125 (a pair of semi-detached houses removed at the south end of the frontage onto Red Lees Road, one house removed near to the site entrance and one house removed by reducing a row of three houses to a pair of semi-detached houses at the westerly side of the site);
- The introduction of 5no. affordable houses on the site. The tenure of these will be discount to market sale at 80% of open market value with the remainder of the affordable housing offer being met off-site by way of a contribution of £396,355 (the Council would use this sum to re-use empty homes for affordable housing);
- Agreement to pay the full contribution of £962,691.15 towards education provision;
- An additional 63 semi-mature trees to be planted along the three most exposed boundaries (these being Red Lees Road, the South East boundary and the South West corner);
- A revised Energy Statement and the use of 10 No. Photovoltaic (PV) panels, to be distributed across five properties (Plots 63 to 67 - two panels per plot).
An amended site layout, landscape masterplan and detailed planting plans, plus a revised energy statement are available on the council's planning portal by inputting the application number via
PLEASE READ - Information regarding planning application
Have your say on a plan to build 129 homes on land west of Red Lees Road (near to Cliviger Laithe) - APP/2019/0155
Miller Homes has applied for planning permission to build 129 homes on this land with associated access which could result in the diversion/extinguishment of three public rights of way. The parish council is concerned over the lack of infrastructure as well as highways, drainage concerns and as it is an area of wild and birdlife importance. Also it is a use of green fields when the borough council has an excess of building land in the borough.
The plan can be accessed via the link below and comments need to submitted by May 27th to Janet Filbin, planning officer via email: or or via Burnley Town Hall, Burnley, Manchester Road, Burnley, BB11 1JA.
Please click on link below to access the BurnleyGov website for further details:
UPDATE - August 2019
Burnley Borough Council's planning committee will be discussing the Cliviger Laithe App/2019/0155 application on Wednesday, August 21st at 6-30 p.m. in Burnley Town Hall.
The public are welcomed to attend.
Councillor Cosima Towneley has applied to speak on the community's behalf. For committee papers please see the attached links.